The goal of our online Test Directory is to allow you to identify the right test for your needs, establish if the test is available through Cleveland Clinic Laboratories, and determine the test’s specimen collection requirements.
The Test Directory includes current clinical and interpretation information for each test as well as coding and billing information. For more in-depth backgrounds on tests in our catalog, please see our Technical Briefs.
How to Search for Test Information
- Test Name: Use one or more words related to the test name. This is the most common type of search
- Ordering mnemonic: Enter the Cleveland Clinic abbreviation used for this test in our Test Directory.
- This is most useful if you frequently order this test and know the mnemonic.
- Billing code: Enter the Cleveland Clinic billing number to go directly to a specific test.
- CPT code: Enter the standardized CPT code from the American Medical Association directory to go directly to a specific test.
Review Test Information:
- Clinical information
- Fees and coding
- Specimen collection instructions
- Test mnemonic
- Test name
- Values and interpretation
- Be as complete as possible when searching by test name – using full words typically yields better results instead of using abbreviations.
- Cleveland Clinic Laboratories’ clients are granted additional features, such as the ability to search on partial test names and full accessibility to our complete library of forms.
Have questions about a test? Can’t find what you need?
Contact Client Services – our experienced and knowledgeable laboratory staff is here 24/7 to help.