LAWSON: eSwab Transport Tube and SwabEmail to a friend
Lawson Code: 400562
Please note: this item must be ordered through Lawson.
What is eSwab?
The eSwab system from Copan Diagnostics is a liquid-based multi-purpose collection and transport system that maintains viability of aerobic, anaerobic, and fastidious bacteria. The eSwab system consists of a flocked swab and a screw-capped transport tube containing 1 mL of liquid Amies medium.
Why use eSwab?
eSwab collects and releases more specimen, improving the recovery of pathogens. The eSwab system generates 1 mL of patient sample, providing a uniform sample for culture and reducing the need to collect multiple swabs.
When should I use eSwab?
eSwab may be used instead of a traditional dual swab in Amies or Stuart transport medium for the following tests:
• Anaerobe Culture (ANACUL)**
• Cystic Fibrosis Respiratory Culture (CFRCUL)
• Ear Culture and Stain (EARCSM)**
• Eye Culture and Stain (EYECSM)**
• Fungal Culture, non-dermal sites (FCUL, FCULSM)**
• Fungal Screen for Candida (FUNGSC)
• Group A Strep PCR (GASPCR)
• MRSA / S. aureus Culture Screen (MRSASC, SANSAL)
• Throat Culture (THRCUL)
• VRE Culture (VRESC)
• Wound Culture and Stain (WCUL)**
**Fluid or tissue submitted in a sterile tube or cup are preferred for eye, ear, fungal, and wound culture. Best practice for anaerobe culture is to submit fluid or tissue from deep abscess or other anaerobic site in Anaerobic Transport Tube.
Questions? Need Assistance?
Please contact Client Services by calling 800.628.6816 or by emailing ClientServices@ccf.org.