Healthcare Provider Resources
Resources for nursing homes and post-acute care facilities are provided below.
Review pre-analytic guidance, testing updates, and specimen collection guidelines in Laboratory Resources.
Cleveland Clinic Laboratories offers comprehensive laboratory and phlebotomy services to post-acute care facilities in the Cleveland, Ohio community.
Our collaboration with local healthcare providers enables access to state-of-the-art laboratory services, knowledge, and facilities to support patient care with accessible and convenient care options.
To ensure quality and compliance, Cleveland Clinic Laboratories is fully licensed and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and certified according to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
• Local laboratories ensure fast turnaround time
• Flexible, customizable courier services
• Support from 1,500+ laboratory employees & clinical staff
• Certified professional phlebotomists
– Have a minimum of two years of experience
– Participate in quarterly continuous process improvement training
• Routine draws can be scheduled as early as 4 a.m.
• Additional return-to-home visits available as requested
• Available Electronic Interfaces to EMRs
– Dr. Connect
Sales & Technical Support
• Designated account representatives
• Experienced technical support consultants
• Specialized assistance with onboarding, implementation, reporting, and urgent requests
• Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Staffed by experienced ASCP Medical Technologists
• Provides information on test results, availability, updates, changes & delays, and ordering assistance
• Flexible billing options
• Semi-annual or annual business reviews
• Quality Improvement Reports
– Infectious Disease
– Blood Culture Contamination
– Critical Values
Our committed staff assists healthcare providers in administering optimal care through excellent laboratory testing and support.
Requisitions & Forms
A completed requisition is required for each specimen submitted to Cleveland Clinic Laboratories.
Download a fillable PDF or order printed requisitions on the Supply Storefront.
Required information includes:
- Patient Identifiers
- Insurance Billing Information
- Clinical Information
- Ordering Physician Contact Information
- Specimen Information
- Preferred Subspecialty Group
- Molecular Testing Options
Specimen Collection & Transport
Specimens are only acceptable for processing when they are collected and submitted to our laboratories appropriately.
If you have additional questions regarding the type of container to use for a particular test or specimen, refer to the specimen requirements on the Test Directory or contact Client Services.
Specimen Collection & Transport
powered by Atlas®
e-Lab Community is a browser-based application that connects medical facilities to Cleveland Clinic Laboratories.
This system is used for:
- Ordering laboratory tests
- Entering and tracking patient demographic and insurance information
- Receiving test results for patients
- Printing shipping manifests and reported results
Client Services – 1.800.628.6816
Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Client Services assists with questions about test ordering, billing, shipping, and reporting.
Client Account Support & Sales Inquiries
For information on testing and service capabilities, technical support, and other account or sales-related questions, please contact an Extended Care Sales Manager for assistance.