Healthcare Provider Resources
Resources for physician clients are provided below.
Review pre-analytic guidance, testing updates, and specimen collection guidelines in Laboratory Resources.
At Cleveland Clinic Laboratories, we understand that each test result is important and contributes to the clinical decisions made on behalf of the patients you serve.
Our staff of more than 1,500 laboratory professionals commits to delivering excellent patient care by providing local healthcare providers access to high-quality, timely laboratory services.
To ensure quality and compliance, Cleveland Clinic Laboratories is fully licensed and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and certified according to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
• Rapid turnaround time and communication of critical and urgent results & values
• Electronic interfaces to EMRs with varied connectivity solutions
• e-Lab Community portal for results and ordering
• Results delivered to Ohio Health Information Exchange and CliniSync
• More than 40 outpatient laboratory service centers conveniently located across Northern Ohio
• In-office phlebotomy services available for physician practices
• Services provided by certified professional phlebotomists
– Participate in quarterly continuous process improvement training
• Trained couriers transport and monitor specimens throughout transit
• Flexible courier pick-up times
• Routine specimen collection and transport materials provided
• Order supplies online via the Supply Storefront
Sales & Technical Support
• Designated account representatives
• Experienced technical support consultants
• Specialized assistance with onboarding, implementation, reporting, and urgent requests
• Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Staffed by experienced ASCP Medical Technologists
• Provides information on test results, availability, updates, changes & delays, and ordering assistance
Additional Services & Benefits
• Contracted with most commercial and managed care organizations
• Stand-alone and client billing service options available
• Expansive esoteric, specialty, and subspecialty menu of more than 2,500 tests
• Test utilization and best practice pathways consultation
• Allergy & Immunology
• Hematology & Oncology
• Hemostasis & Thrombosis
• Pathology Consultative Services
Our committed staff assists healthcare providers in administering optimal care through excellent laboratory testing and support.
Outpatient Laboratory Service Centers
Our interactive Laboratory Service Center locator makes it easy to find an outpatient laboratory conveniently located near your patients.
Type in an address to find location hours and directions to a nearby Laboratory Service Center. Location hours are listed under each listing’s “More Info” section.
Requisitions & Forms
A completed requisition is required for each specimen submitted to Cleveland Clinic Laboratories.
Download a fillable PDF or order printed requisitions on the Supply Storefront.
Required information includes:
- Patient Identifiers
- Insurance Billing Information
- Clinical Information
- Ordering Physician Contact Information
- Specimen Information
- Preferred Subspecialty Group
- Molecular Testing Options
Specimen Collection & Transport
Specimens are only acceptable for processing when they are collected and submitted to our laboratories appropriately.
If you have additional questions regarding the type of container to use for a particular test or specimen, refer to the specimen requirements on the Test Directory or contact Client Services.
Specimen Collection & Transport
To maintain specimen integrity, lockboxes must be packed and stored with each specimen’s temperature requirements in mind.
CCL recommends that your location’s lockbox should be kept indoors at room temperature until it is packed and prepared for Cleveland Clinic Laboratories (CCL) courier pick-up.
Need laboratory supplies? Place an order online.
Ensure that specimens are collected and appropriately transported to our laboratories.
Request a Pathology Consult
Cleveland Clinic Laboratories offers healthcare providers second opinion pathology consultations for surgical pathology, cytology, and hematopathology cases.
All requests for pathology consultations require a completed Pathology Consultation Requisition. Review Specimen Collection & Transport Guidelines for details regarding specimen collection and packaging.
powered by Atlas®
e-Lab Community is a browser-based application that connects medical facilities to Cleveland Clinic Laboratories.
This system is used for:
- Ordering laboratory tests
- Entering and tracking patient demographic and insurance information
- Receiving test results for patients
- Printing shipping manifests and reported results
Client Services – 1.800.628.6816
Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Client Services assists with questions about test ordering, billing, shipping, and reporting.
Client Account Support & Sales Inquiries
For information about testing and service capabilities, technical support, and other account or sales-related questions, please contact a Physician Sales Manager for assistance.